grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP configuration- multiple named stems

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP configuration- multiple named stems

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: David Langenberg <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP configuration- multiple named stems
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:25:45 +0100

OK that sounds equally as complicated- I'm even having trouble picturing
what the config looks like in my head. Ultimately what I'd like to have
is Grouper exporting only specified stems (e.g.
affiliations,courses,org) to an individual target LDAP server.

I've been pointed in the direction of some docs + powerpoints by Bryan,
looking through this it looks like this could be do-able using Group
Filters in the GroupDataConnector in psp-resolver.xml. This is likely to
result in the group OU's changing but we may have to live with that as
they are themselves a result of us provisioning each stem individually
on Grouper 1.5 which was a workaround to do this.

I'm probably trying to run before I can walk anyway so I'll proceed with
a base config to provision all stems on Dev and once that's working look
at this side of things.

Kind regards,

Mark

On 02/09/14 16:10, David Langenberg wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Even in the multiple case, you'll still have one ldap.properties, but
> you'll now also have the individual ldap connector configs. I don't think
> there's going to be a sane way to break up the configs unfortunately.
>
> Dave
>

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Mark Cairney
> <>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We're looking to upgrade from our existing 1.5 install to 2.2 and this
>> means moving from LDAPPC to PSP.
>>
>> In our current setup which I'd like to replicate we a subset of stems
>> provisioned, each of which has it's own separate ldappc.xml file.
>>
>> Looking at the examples there is a multiple openLDAP example so my
>> current thinking is to have multiple "ldap.properties" files for each
>> stem. Is this possible/ sensible?
>>
>> We use the "memberOf" overlay so we would only be looking to export the
>> groups and their members.
>>
>> I'll admit that having not looked much at Grouper since we initially got
>> it working the new approach seems to have a baffling amount of
>> configuration options and files so a helping hand would be appreciated :-)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> --
>> /****************************
>>
>> Mark Cairney
>> ITI UNIX Section
>> Information Services
>> University of Edinburgh
>>
>> Tel: 0131 650 6565
>> Email:
>>
>> PGP: 0x435A9621
>>
>> *******************************/

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email:

PGP: 0x435A9621

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.