grouper-users - [grouper-users] External Users in 2.2

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] External Users in 2.2

  • From: Mark Albert <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] External Users in 2.2
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:54:43 +0000 (UTC)

George Washington University is doing an evaluation of Grouper so I set up
Grouper 2.2 on a Linux box using the installer. Since this is just an
evaluation on a prototyping environment I run on a hosted Ubuntu LAMP stack, I
was hoping to just use local user accounts or have external users connect
instead of connecting to an LDAP or EAD source. Is this possible? I've search
the documentation but the exact information seems to be escaping me.

As a little background, we are evaluating Grouper as an alternative to Quest
ARS for managing groups in EAD and would love any feedback people might have
on this particular comparison.

Thanks for any help on the external users piece and any comments on Grouper
vs. Quest ARS.

Mark Albert
GW