grouper-users - [grouper-users] changing name of change log consumer

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] changing name of change log consumer

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] changing name of change log consumer
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 10:56:28 -0500

Hello,

I need to change the name of a custom change log consumer running via
the loader. I want the loader to "remember" where the consumer was in
processing change log entries and continue where it left off before
the name change--nothing is changing except for the name.

I plan to execute these steps:

- stop the loader
- edit grouper-loader.properties and change the name from old_name to new_name
- execute the SQL

UPDATE grouper_change_log_consumer SET name = 'new_name' WHERE name =
'old_name';

- start the loader

Will these steps be sufficient?

Is there anything else I should do?