grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Privileges

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Grouper Privileges

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Sachdeva, Vivek" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Privileges
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:00:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I would do it by group and not individual user.

Make a group of readers: a:b:c:whateverFolderReaders

Add that user to that group

Make a rule on the folder allowing the group to read all groups inside and below:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+rules+use+case+-+Inherited+privileges+on+groups

Note, this GSH wasn’t tested, hopefully it is correct:

gsh 0% grouperSession = GrouperSession.startRootSession();

gsh 1% group = GroupFinder.findByName(grouperSession, “a:b:c:whateverFolderReaders”, true);

gsh 2% folder = StemFinder.findByName(grouperSession, “a:b:c”, true);

gsh 3% RuleApi.inheritGroupPrivileges(SubjectFinder.findRootSubject(), folder, Stem.Scope.SUB, group.toSubject(), Privilege.getInstances("read”));

Note, there is a daemon which will run periodically to assign to groups that already exist, or if privs are ever removed.  See the rules wiki for more details.