grouper-users - [grouper-users] on provisioning from Grouper using a message broker

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] on provisioning from Grouper using a message broker

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] on provisioning from Grouper using a message broker
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 11:18:08 -0500

Hello,

At the recent Grouper BOF held at the Internet2 Global Summit a number
of campuses indicated they have or will be writing custom Grouper
change log consumers that write some change log entries into message
brokers so that consumers may read the messages and take appropriate
provisioning actions. Provisioning into Google was mentioned a number
of times.

The message broker mentioned most often during the meeting was ActiveMQ.

If your campus is taking this approach I would be grateful if you
could reply with the flavor of message broker you are using or
planning on using. I am curious to see if there is a consensus on the
message broker of choice. I am happy to record the results in the
Grouper wiki.

I am also curious to understand what format campuses are using for the
messages themselves? Is there an emerging standard or best practice?

Thank you for your consideration.

Cheers,

Scott K