grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Designing Groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Designing Groups

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Designing Groups
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:00:43 -0700

Use GSH to create a :all group with the :students and :instructors groups as members?

Dave

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Bryan E. Wooten <> wrote:

I’ve run into a mental block in designing my groups.

I have created 2 Grouper Loader jobs using SQL_GROUP_LIST. One creates groups for each course section with students as members. The other creates groups for each course section with instructors as members. Both run SQL against our PeopleSoft SIS.

I need a group for each course section that includes both instructors and students. I see 2 ways to accomplish this, one I know I can make work.

The easiest thing to do would be create a third  SQL_GROUP_LIST using SQL that returns both instructors and students in one query.

But I was wondering if I might be better of creating  Grouper Loader job that executes a query against the Grouper DB (GSA) the returns the members of the groups I created above.

I didn’t see any way to leverage composite groups to achieve my goal. And I didn’t see a way to leverage include groups either.

Any thoughts or opinions invited.

-Bryan

--
David Langenberg