grouper-users - [grouper-users] AD provisioning issue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] AD provisioning issue

  • From: Rahul Doshi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] AD provisioning issue
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:12:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello,

While testing provisioning to AD we uncovered a weird issue with AD where it doesn’t allow provisioning of group  "cn=users, ou=community, dc = ad, dc =cmu, dc=edu” if ou “ou=users,ou=community,dc=ad,dc=cmu,dc=edu” already exists.  This means we we cannot have stem “Root:community:users" and group “Root:community:users” in grouper at the same time.  We are planning to rename our existing group in grouper that are causing this error but were looking for something builtin in grouper that would prevent user from creating a group and stem with same name within a stem.  If this functionality doesn’t already exists can it be added in future release?

Thanks,
Rahul

  • [grouper-users] AD provisioning issue, Rahul Doshi, 01/29/2014