grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning a group attribute value onto a member's LDAP object

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning a group attribute value onto a member's LDAP object

  • From: Paul Engle <>
  • To: Yoann Delattre <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning a group attribute value onto a member's LDAP object
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:26:11 -0600

That is essentially the same setup I have for the member attributes I'm
working with. I haven't yet tried to do changelog provisioning, however.

For my purposes, using David Langenberg's earlier suggestion, I've been
investigating the rules framework to get the attributes where I need
them. In doing that, I found it much easier to deal with putting the
attribute on the Member object, rather than on the membership. It does
mean I need a second rule to remove the attribute on membership
deletion, but I can deal with that.

When I was still investigating the membership route, though, I noticed a
difference in behavior when the attribute was added to a membership
object versus an immediate membership object. The former would allow the
attribute to be provisioned with a setup you illustrate, but the latter
would not be seen by the provisioner. I don't know if that's related to
the changelog issues you're seeing or not. Since I abandoned that line
of attack, I never investigated it very thoroughly.

-paul

--
Paul D. Engle | Rice University
Sr. Systems Administrator | Information Technology - MS119