grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: addIncludeExclude groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: addIncludeExclude groups

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: addIncludeExclude groups
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 19:59:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Ok, lets see if this helps.

List of groups loader sql query returns rows for each membership in a bunch of groups, e.g.

a:b jsmith

a:b mjohnson

a:c tjones

a:d pmurphy

a:c ewayne

But how can you say you want attributes on the groups in an easy way since the above query has multiple rows per group, or maybe some groups don’t even have memberships wouldn’t be in that query resultset?  You can have another group query which returns each group the loader manages, and some metadata (one row per group)

a:b   “make this include/exclude”  “make sure etc:something is an admin of this group”

a:c   “make sure someServicePrincipal is a reader”

a:d   no change

ok?