grouper-users - [grouper-users] Active Directory provisioning question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Active Directory provisioning question

  • From: Tim Darby <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Active Directory provisioning question
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:13:10 -0700

To date, I've only used Grouper and PSP to provision to LDAP.  Now, I'm looking into AD provisioning and I'm kind of stuck.  Here's what I've got and hopefully someone can tell me if what I want to do is even possible:

For LDAP provisioning, we have a unique people identifier attribute (uaId) which we use as the subject Id in Grouper loader.  AD does not know about uaId, but the samaccountname in AD is equal to the uid attribute in LDAP.  The subject source for people is LDAP and the provisioning target is the same LDAP.

What I'm wondering is, is it possible to match up people in LDAP by uaId and provision them to groups in AD using the samaccountname with the setup I've got.

Tim Darby
The University of Arizona
Mosaic, Systems Integration and Architecture

UITS, Rm 335, 520-626-3799