grouper-users - [grouper-users] API for listing group dependencies

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] API for listing group dependencies

  • From: Julio Polo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] API for listing group dependencies
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:33:23 -1000

When calling the getGroups web service on a person, I can get an exhaustive list of all groups that the person is a member of, regardless of the depth of indirect membership.

If I attempt the same call with a group 'foo', I only get the immediate groups that have group 'foo' as a member. I do not get all groups that depend indirectly on 'foo'.

Is there a way to accomplish this, short of writing a recursive method that calls getGroups?   During the recursion, I also need to check if the group is a factor in a composite.  What do I call for that?

Julio Polo
University of Hawaii