grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Detecting membership changes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Detecting membership changes

  • From: Julio Polo <>
  • To: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Detecting membership changes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:18:45 -1000

I noticed that L-Soft's LISTSERV supports dynamic queries (SQL or LDAP) so I could avoid synchronization altogether if I had an LDAP-to-Grouper gateway.   Such a gateway would be useful beyond LISTSERV as well.  It'd be great if I could issue an LDAP search and have the gateway perform a web service call to Grouper and return the info as LDAP attributes.  It would be much better than replicating all Grouper memberships into LDAP.

-julio