grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAP_GROUPS_FROM_ATTRIBUTES where membership carried in two attributes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAP_GROUPS_FROM_ATTRIBUTES where membership carried in two attributes

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAP_GROUPS_FROM_ATTRIBUTES where membership carried in two attributes
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 14:34:22 -0500

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Chris Hyzer
> The loader doesn't really do that. If there arent too many attributes, can
> you create two loader jobs, one for isMemberOf and one for isManagerOf and
> then create a group that has both of those groups in it for each attribute?
> :) Otherwise we need to make some tweaks to the LDAP loader...

I have made "some tweaks" to the LDAP loader code and sent them to you
privately.

In short the (simple) changes allow the
grouperLoaderLdapGroupAttribute value to be multiple attribute names
separated by a ",".

I have tested the new code using the 2.1.4 code base and GSH commands
to construct the loader job. The liteUI was able to read the loader
job and display the attribute value so it appears on face value that
the liteUI is happy (I assume it is just treating the value as an
opaque string that gets passed to the loader job code).

Please consider committing the code tweaks (after any edits you see
fit to make of course) and making them part of a released version of
Grouper.

Thanks,

Scott