grouper-users - [grouper-users] Building UI / log4j.properties

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Building UI / log4j.properties

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Building UI / log4j.properties
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:07:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

When building the UI using ant and source tar file the log4j.properties comes from grouper.api.

It has several lines like: log4j.appender.grouper_error.File = ${grouper.home}logs/grouper_error.log.

In the build.properties there is a comment that says to set “replace.grouper.home=false” so that grouper.home is not replaced with grouper.folder.

I tried that but my UI’s log4j.properities is being built with the grouper.folder value and not ${grouper.home} as I expected.

Am I miss reading this comment in grouper.properties:

#By default the Grouper API log4j.properties file references a System property

#grouper.home. Before building / deploying the UI you should ensure that your

#application server e.g. Tomcat has a System property called grouper.home set*

#or you should replace ${grouper.home} with a valid path. The property below

#will cause ${grouper.home} in log4j.properties to be replaced with the grouper folder

#defined below. This is OK when building and deploying on the same system, however,

#if you are making a WAR file to deploy else where you should not rely on this mechanism.

#* Start your application server with a -Dgrouper.home=<grouper dir>

replace.grouper.home=false

thanks,

Bryan