grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP multiple targets

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP multiple targets

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Rahul Doshi <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP multiple targets
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:08:53 -0500

> We have a need to provision to both AD and 389 directory server. Also we
> want to provision everything in grouper to 389 but filter out certain
> stems/folders when we provision to AD. The way I am trying to do this is
> creating separate attribute definitions for AD for certain attributes in
> psp-resolver.xml. Approach worked for most attributes but when I created
> attribute definition "stemNamesAD" and "groupNamesAD" for
> allSourceIdentifiersRef to filter out stems/folder I don't want to provision
> to AD the attribute didn't return anything. Looking at the PSP code I found
> that in AllGroupNamesDataConnector.java and AllStemNamesDataConnector.java
> attribute ID is hardcoded to stemNames and groupName which is causing it to
> not return anything. I verified this by changing the attribute ID to
> stemNames and groupNames and everything worked. Without the fix in PSP code
> to dynamically read attribute ID from psp.xml my approach isn't going to
> work. Is this something that can be fixed in PSP?

Try creating attribute definitions whose sourceAttributeID is the
hardcoded attribute ID. For example :

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="groupNamesAD"
sourceAttributeID="groupNames"
xsi:type="ad:Simple">
<resolver:Dependency ref="AllGroupNamesConnector" />
</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

> I was also wondering
> whether creating separate attribute definitions is best approach to
> provision to multiple target with different filtering requirement because it
> gets messy really quickly. I was thinking it would be best to have
> separate psp.xml, psp-resolver.xml for each target but I couldn't figure out
> a way to do that. Is this something that is possible to do in PSP? If not I
> would really like if each provisioning target has its own set of
> configuration files (pxp.xml, psp-resolver.xml). It would make management
> of configuration much simpler.

A psp configuration directory per target should work. You will need to
supply the path to the psp configuration directory when running the
psp via gsh.sh as well as in the changelog consumer configuration,
which might be undocumented. Performance may not be as good with
separate configuration directories, since queries to the grouper db
will be performed for each provisioned target. However, proper ehcache
tuning may make this concern moot.