Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
RE: [grouper-users] discussion topic: default read/view privileges
- From: Gagné Sébastien <>
- To: "Michael R. Gettes" <>, "Chris Hyzer" <>
- Cc: <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] discussion topic: default read/view privileges
- Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:06:08 -0400
- Authentication-results: sfpop-ironport04.merit.edu; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
+1 from U of Montreal.
Having different default privileges for everyone on different base stem would be a very nice feature.
Right now we have the defaults to TRUE, but Grouper isn’t available to a large number of people, mostly admins. This might change if more people have access to it. Our reasoning behind this configuration is : the groups will be in AD, AD is readable by any authenticated user, users will need to authenticate to access Grouper, authenticated users then doesn’t have more privileges than before if the can read all Grouper groups.
As for shipped defaults, I don’t have strong opinion either way, but it should be mentioned somewhere that this configuration will probably need to be changed.
CMU is already doing what TomB has suggested. We are converting from a previous groups implementation which has the groups and their memberships visible. The new stems default to not visible. We would appreciate a way of providing defaults for various stems, like "Courses".
+1 from CMU
On Jun 21, 2013, at 23:36, Chris Hyzer <>
TomB suggested a way to have parts of the namespace which default a certain way, and parts which do not. If that were implemented, hopefully users would not be confused or surprised.
- [grouper-users] discussion topic: default read/view privileges, Chris Hyzer, 06/21/2013
- Re: [grouper-users] discussion topic: default read/view privileges, Nate Klingenstein, 06/21/2013
- Re: [grouper-users] discussion topic: default read/view privileges, Michael R. Gettes, 06/24/2013
- RE: [grouper-users] discussion topic: default read/view privileges, Gagné Sébastien, 06/25/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.