grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Moving a large stem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Moving a large stem

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Rob Urquhart <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Moving a large stem
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:56:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I don't think I've moved a stem with that many groups, but it's not going
to be an immediate operation. At minimum, the operation goes through and
updates the name, displayName, and alternateName of the 50,000 groups. If
the stem contains a lot of other stems underneath it, then that will add
to the time since it has to update properties of the stems as well. If
you have hooks on groups or stems, that will add to the time.

It would probably be better to do this using GSH rather than the UI to
avoid a timeout.

Thanks!

-- Shilen

On 6/18/13 6:02 PM, "Rob Urquhart"