grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] p6spy not compatible with Oracle JDBC driver ojdbc6.jar?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] p6spy not compatible with Oracle JDBC driver ojdbc6.jar?

  • From: Dominique Petitpierre <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] p6spy not compatible with Oracle JDBC driver ojdbc6.jar?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:18:26 +0200

Hello,

thanks very much for your solution:

On 06/15/2013 08:30 PM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
It works for me, but I think the driver class name changed, so in your
spy.properties you should have:

realdriver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Does it work if you have that? I guess we should update the example grouper
drivers at some point...

Yes! The old name was configured. Now it works with ojdbc6.jar and
the configuration updated with the new name:

grep ^hibernate.connection.driver_class grouper.hibernate.properties
hibernate.connection.driver_class = com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver

grep ^realdriver grouper.hibernate.properties
realdriver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

The strange thing is that, without p6spy, the old driver name was not
causing problem with ojdbc6.jar (while a wrong name causes a
ClassNotFoundException):

grep ^hibernate.connection.driver_class grouper.hibernate.properties
hibernate.connection.driver_class = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Also strange, by mistake I tested p6spy with the new driver name and
the old ojdbc14.jar and it did work!:

grep ^realdriver grouper.hibernate.properties
realdriver= oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

So it seems it is only the combination of ojdb6.jar, p6spy and the old
driver name that does not work.

- In that case, it would be nice if an error message was given when
the driver class is not found.

Thanks again!
Regards,
Dominique
--
Mr Dominique Petitpierre, user=Dominique.Petitpierre domain=unige.ch
IT Division, University of Geneva, Switzerland