grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: How do I stop users from seeing all folders?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: How do I stop users from seeing all folders?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: How do I stop users from seeing all folders?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:55:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

First of all, you should have this set in your grouper.properties:

groups.create.grant.all.read          = false

groups.create.grant.all.view          = false

Second, if someone sees the folder, it should be because there is something in the folder they can see.  We don’t have “view” privileges on folder.  So when you go in as someone else, see what in the folder they can see.  Then as admin, go in and remove everyentity from whatever it is (probably VIEW or READ on a group).  Does that help, or do they see an empty folder?  If you have a screenshot that would help.