grouper-users - [grouper-users] help configuring the Subject API for a JNDI source

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] help configuring the Subject API for a JNDI source

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] help configuring the Subject API for a JNDI source
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 16:12:06 -0400

So I'm attempting to configure the Subject API to pull in subjects from our LDAP directory. Using the example sources.xml, I was able to configure the LDAP section such that when in the UI, I'm able to search and locate a subject based on username (the description appears next to their check box), however, when I attempt to assign  privileges, I get an "error retrieving entity [33668]. the entity does not exist." and likewise, when i click on the description of the located subject to bring up their attributes, I get an "error: there was an unexpected error retrieving the requested entity as a member". I feel like I'm missing something in the attribute mappings preventing the user from being added, just not sure what that something is.

I have the following attributes defined like this in sources.xml...

     <init-param>
      <param-name>SubjectID_AttributeType</param-name>
      <param-value>uidNumber</param-value>
    </init-param>
     <init-param>
      <param-name>SubjectID_formatToLowerCase</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>Name_AttributeType</param-name>
      <param-value>cn</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>Description_AttributeType</param-name>
      <param-value>displayName</param-value>
    </init-param>

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Middleware Engineer, Identity and Access Management