grouper-users - [grouper-users] Subject API and building eppn as subjectId.

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Subject API and building eppn as subjectId.

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Subject API and building eppn as subjectId.
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:10:30 -0400

Since I'm using Shibboleth to authenticate the Grouper UI, I've decided it makes sense to use eduPersonPrincipleName as my subjectIds in Grouper as such rather than typical cn/uid. I also want to use the Subject API to pick subjects from my LDAP directory (jndi). What i'm unsure about is we don't store eppn as an attribute in our ldap directory, but rather compute it by scoping our cn values... how do i mimic this behavior in the Subject API so LDAP accounts are looked up via CN, but added as subjectId's with a computed eppn? Is this where the virtual attributes section of sources.xml comes in? does anyone have an trival examples they could share with me given that anything beyond a 1-to-1 mapping is confusing me?

Thanks,
-Rob

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Middleware Engineer, Identity and Access Management

  • [grouper-users] Subject API and building eppn as subjectId., Rob Gorrell, 05/23/2013