grouper-users - [grouper-users] PSP problem after folder rename

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] PSP problem after folder rename

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] PSP problem after folder rename
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:34:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

After renaming a folder and getting ./gsh  -psp –bulkSync to complete without errors my AD now reflects my Grouper folder and group structure accurately.

I added a folder using the UI and attempted to run: loaderRunOneJob("CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog")

and loaderRunOneJob("CHANGE_LOG_consumer_psp").

But I get the following error:

- An error occurred processing sequence number 192889

edu.internet2.middleware.psp.PspException: edu.internet2.middleware.psp.PspNoSuchIdentifierException: Psp 'psp' - Has reference from 'PSOIdentifier[id='CN=uuCurrentEmployee,OU=groups,OU=TestStem,OU=uofu,OU=groups,OU=grouper,DC=testad,DC=utah,DC=edu',targetID=ldap,containerID=<null>]' to 'Reference[toPsoID=PSOIdentifier[id='CN=u0530608,ou=people,dc=testad,dc=utah,dc=edu',targetID=ldap,containerID=<null>],type=member]' SearchResponse[psos=0,status=failure,error=noSuchIdentifier,errorMessages={[LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-0310020A, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:

        'OU=uofu,OU=groups,OU=grouper,DC=testad,DC=utah,DC=edu'

The OU TestStem is the folder we renamed and the bulk sync removed the OU from AD as expected.

It is unclear why there is still an entry for this folder in the Change Log. When this error occurs the Change Log Consumer stops processing so my new created folder does not get provisioned to AD.

Is this just a rogue entry in the Change Log? I am sure this is not the only one.  Should I just remove all the entries in the change log to fix this issue or is there a better solution?

Thanks,

Bryan