grouper-users - [grouper-users] Folder Rename and Full Sync on Loader Startup

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Folder Rename and Full Sync on Loader Startup

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Folder Rename and Full Sync on Loader Startup
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:23:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Last week we renamed a folder (using the UI) and then ran the Loader with full sync set to true. The results are inconsistent.

The renamed folder appeared in AD as an OU as expected, but not all the groups were created. The old folder still exists as an OU in AD with some of the groups still under that OU.

We also removed a folder from the UI but its OU still remains in AD.

Then I made some manual changes using the UI and tried to run:

gsh 17% loaderRunOneJob("CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog")

loader ran successfully: Ran the changeLogTempToChangeLog daemon

gsh 18%  loaderRunOneJob("CHANGE_LOG_consumer_psp")

This results in the following exception:

2013-05-13 08:10:03,138: [main] ERROR ChangeLogHelper.processRecords(271) -  - Error: PSP Consumer 'psp' - An error occurred processing sequence number 192802, sequenceNumber: 192802, edu.internet2.middleware.psp.PspException: edu.internet2.middleware.psp.PspNoSuchIdentifierException: Psp 'psp' - Has reference from 'PSOIdentifier[id='CN=emps_pt,OU=emps,OU=uofu,OU=groups,OU=grouper,DC=testad,DC=utah,DC=edu',targetID=ldap,containerID=<null>]' to 'Reference[toPsoID=PSOIdentifier[id='CN=u0458069,ou=people,dc=testad,dc=utah,dc=edu',targetID=ldap,containerID=<null>],type=member]' SearchResponse[psos=0,status=failure,error=noSuchIdentifier,errorMessages={[LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-0310020A, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:

        'OU=emps,OU=uofu,OU=groups,OU=grouper,DC=testad,DC=utah,DC=edu'

_]},requestID=2013/05/13-08:10:00.673]

I would have thought the full sync would have insured that my AD was fully in sync with Grouper.

I am not sure if I am missing something, missed an error or corrupted my change log.

Part of me wants to just re init the DB and start over, but if this were to happen in production I would need to find a way to get everything back in sync.

Any ideas or suggestions?

-Bryan

  • [grouper-users] Folder Rename and Full Sync on Loader Startup, Bryan E. Wooten, 05/13/2013