grouper-users - [grouper-users] Change log issue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Change log issue

  • From: Tim Darby <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Change log issue
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 08:05:17 -0700

I just noticed an inconsistent behavior with the Grouper change log that occurs for only a very small percentage of my groups.

I have a rollup structure like this:

/a:b:c:groupA
/a:b:c:groupB
/a:b:c:Allgroup (has direct members /a:b:c:groupA and /a:b:c:groupB)
/a:b:rollup_groupA (has direct member /a:b:c:groupA)
/a:b:rollup_groupB (has direct member /a:b:c:groupB)
/a:b:rollup_Allgroup (has direct member /a:b:c:Allgroup)

For this small number of problem groups, when I add a subject to groupA, I see change log temp entries for:

/a:b:c:groupA
/a:b:c:Allgroup
/a:b:rollup_groupA

but not for /a:b:rollup_Allgroup

What would cause this to fail?  The puzzling thing is that all of these groups are created and maintained programmatically, so I can't see why some would behave differently in the loader than others.

Tim Darby
The University of Arizona
Mosaic, Systems Integration and Architecture

UITS, Rm 335, 520-626-3799