grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] cookbook for protecting Grouper UI using Shibboleth

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] cookbook for protecting Grouper UI using Shibboleth

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To: David Langenberg <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] cookbook for protecting Grouper UI using Shibboleth
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:27:23 -0400

No, i'm not using InCommon metadata. I've done a direct peering (no federation) with my development IdP by copying over metadata and using file backed metadata. So, https://idp-d.uncg.edu/idp/shibboleth is the correct EntityID for my IdP. But you are right, what grouper is showing me in the error message comes from the persistent-id attribute, which seems to be the only attribute my SP is passing through. I've confirmed on my IdP that I'm pretty confident I'm sending eppn, but have no idea why its not winding up on my Grouper SP. i've got eppn defined as I think it should be in attribute-map and shibboleth2. I'm at a loss for why my SP isn't passing it along in the shibb session and ultimately to grouper.

attribute-map.xml:
    <Attribute name="urn:mace:dir:attribute-def:eduPersonPrincipalName" id="eppn">
        <AttributeDecoder xsi:type="ScopedAttributeDecoder"/>
    </Attribute>
    <Attribute name="urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.1.1.6" id="eppn">
        <AttributeDecoder xsi:type="ScopedAttributeDecoder"/>
    </Attribute>

shibboleth2.xml
    <ApplicationDefaults id="default" policyId="default"
                         entityID="https://dlx-grouperui.uncg.edu/shibboleth"
                         REMOTE_USER="eppn persistent-id targeted-id"
                         signing="false" encryption="false">

-Rob