grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Tomcat warning for c3p0

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Tomcat warning for c3p0

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Tomcat warning for c3p0
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:10:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

As long as it is a different JVM process, then you are all good.

Yes, you can share the same tomcat installation. Yes, same value for
TOMCAT_HOME and CATALINA_HOME, but different for CATALINA_BASE. Have
different conf, temp, work, webapps, logs dir. In the conf, specify
different ports.

Just to be clear, this is a java/tomcat productionizing issue. If you share
a tomcat, apps can affect each other, e.g. if one runs out of heap, I think
the whole tomcat will have problems. Restarting or redeploying should not
affect other apps... we have one apache that talks to all the tomcat so the
URLs can be similar...

Thanks

On Behalf Of Peter DiCamillo