grouper-users - [grouper-users] Question of daemons

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Question of daemons

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Question of daemons
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:14:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I see that I can start the Grouper Loader with ./gsh –loader. I have configured the grouper-loader.properties to run the PSP changelog consumer every so often:

changeLog.consumer.psp.quartzCron = 0 * * * * ?.

This has the same effect as running “loaderRunOneJob” at the gsh prompt. That is all good.

Then I find that I can get a similar effect by running  bin/gsh.sh -psp -bulkSync -interval 60, although that syncs everything not just what is in the change log.

I could also do this bin/gsh.sh -psp –sync stem:group -interval 60.

All of these start daemon processes. Why should I use one over the other? I also discovered that I can enter this:

./gsh –loader –psp –bulkSync –interval 60

Lastly can I run the psp commands from the gsh command prompt?

Any guidance on best practices for starting up these daemons will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan