grouper-users - [grouper-users] Fwd: [tf-emc2] SAML + SCIM for JIT (de)provisioning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Fwd: [tf-emc2] SAML + SCIM for JIT (de)provisioning

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Fwd: [tf-emc2] SAML + SCIM for JIT (de)provisioning
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:36:40 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Leif Johansson <>
Date: March 25, 2013 8:32:44 AM CDT
To: Niels van Dijk <>
Cc: TF-EMC2 <>, Keith Hazelton <>, Remco Poortinga <>, Erik Wahlström <>
Subject: Re: [tf-emc2] SAML + SCIM for JIT (de)provisioning

On 03/25/2013 02:28 PM, Niels van Dijk wrote:
Hi all,

For those of you interested in JIT provisioning scenarios in combination
with SAML authN, this might be intresting:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wahl-scim-jit-profile/

"This document specifies a profile of the System for Cross-Domain
Identity Management Protocol (SCIM) for use by servers which rely upon
just-in-time provisioning patterns in a protocol (such as SAML) to
create user accounts, and need an additional channel to be notified of
changes to user accounts."

Group membership is currently not in the proposal, but that is something
we could change ;)

Cheers,
Niels
Groups and groups with metadata is currently being discussed in
the WG.

Folks ("y'all") need to remember that since I'm chairing the WG I can't
really push agendas there: others from the R&E community need
to turn up!

Words to the wise.  Engagement with the SCIM WG, anyone?    --k

  • [grouper-users] Fwd: [tf-emc2] SAML + SCIM for JIT (de)provisioning, Keith Hazelton, 03/25/2013