grouper-users - [grouper-users] org chart woes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] org chart woes

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] org chart woes
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:46:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Penn had its org chart in Grouper, and the group names were the organization name and the ancestor orgs are in the group name path.

The comptroller added some high level org ancestors, and all of our grouper groups were deleted and recreated and the systems that use orgs did not allow anyone in (since the groups the apps used were not there anymore).

FROM:

penn:community:employee:org:TOPU:UNIV:USCH:56XX:56YY:5600

TO (temporarily):

penn:community:employee:org:TOPU:UNIV:UCAC:UUAC:USCH:56XX:56YY:5600

I changed the loader to have org groups now flattened, e.g.

NOW:

penn:community:employee:org:5600:5600

This is now documented here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Organization+hierarchies+via+the+grouper+loader

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Penn+organizational+hierarchy

Note, to migrate from the old to the new using point in time queries, e.g.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Point+in+Time+Auditing

Anyways, it is all resolved now, and we wont have this problem in the future, and the loader job is a lot simpler without the fully qualified org name in it.

  • [grouper-users] org chart woes, Chris Hyzer, 03/10/2013