grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] privilege question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] privilege question

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Keith Hazelton <>, "" <>
  • Cc: Fernando Alvarez <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] privilege question
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:31:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

My feeling is that the API of grouper gives users "stem" on a folder they
create. However, the UI lets users with STEM create groups in that in that
folder in addition to folders. But the WS just uses the API (which doesn't
allow this). So if you are using the WS, for now you need to grant that priv
to that user after they create a folder (if the user has STEM they have
permission to grant it to themselves)... ok?

Maybe we can revisit this when developing the new UI (i.e. move this to the
API, so a STEM is like ADMIN of a group where you can do all privs on that)

On Behalf Of Keith Hazelton