grouper-users - [grouper-users] user onboarding, authentication, oauth

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] user onboarding, authentication, oauth

  • From: mohan shamachar <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] user onboarding, authentication, oauth
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:35:26 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

My first time here. Before I download and play with the toolkit, could you
please point me to any documentation that will answer the following questions.

I have already read many of the guides, and watched the training videos. I may
have missed what I need, and my apologies in advance.

1. I understand, the grouper loader connectors can on-board the user-base on
to the grouper registry. I believe ldap acts as the authentication component.
How to integrate non-ldap authentication?

2. What about OAuth? Scenario: How can I register and authenticate a gmail
user?

3. What are the grouper API components that deal with the authentication of
grouper system end-user who would like to login to an app that uses grouper
for the access management.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
mohan