grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Help debugging new jdbc subject adapter

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Help debugging new jdbc subject adapter

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Help debugging new jdbc subject adapter
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:46:06 -0600

One step closer to getting a new jdbc subject source defined & working with
my Project Bamboo Grouper 2.1.2 instance.

GSH starts successfully now, but on startup I still get the postgres
permission error on the bbsubject table in my new subject database,
bbsubjectdb.
----------
sources.xml jdbc source id: postgresSubjectSource:
grouper@jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/bbsubjectdb

Subject API error: error with subject source id: postgresSubjectSource, name:
Subject JDBC Source Adapter, problem with getSubject by id, in sources.xml:
search searchSubject: ,
edu.internet2.middleware.subject.SourceUnavailableException: problem in
sources.xml source: postgresSubjectSource, sql: select name, description FROM
bbsubject WHERE bpid = ?, grouperTestSubjectByIdOnStartupASDFGHJ,
searchSubject
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: permission denied for
relation bbsubject
----------

What I have in my sources.xml is
----------
<param-name>dbUrl</param-name>
<param-value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/bbsubjectdb</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>dbUser</param-name>
<param-value>grouper</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>dbPwd</param-name>
<param-value>yyySanitizedyyyy</param-value>
</init-param>

and in postgres
postgres=# GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE bbsubjectdb TO grouper;

Do I need to grant privileges on bbsubjectdb to an additional user? or??

Thanks in advance, --Keith