grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP isMemberOf question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP isMemberOf question

  • From: Tim Darby <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP isMemberOf question
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:29:26 -0700

Thanks, it worked!  I'm glad I asked because I don't think I would have come up with that on my own.

Tim Darby
The University of Arizona
Mosaic, Systems Integration and Architecture

UITS, Rm 335, 520-626-3799

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Tom Zeller <> wrote:
> I need to provision a person isMemberOf attribute that selectively includes
> only the groups from the stems I've filtered in the GroupDataConnector
> resolver.  How do I set that up?

I think this will work, I did not test it.

The following attribute definition returns an attribute whose values
are the string names of all the groups that the member is a member of
:

  <resolver:AttributeDefinition
    id="memberIsMemberOfUnfiltered"
    xsi:type="grouper:Group"
    sourceAttributeID="groups">
    <resolver:Dependency ref="MemberDataConnector" />
    <grouper:Attribute id="name" />
  </resolver:AttributeDefinition>

Then filter those group names using the FilteredName attribute
definition and a filter similar to the GroupDataConnector :

  <resolver:AttributeDefinition
    id="memberIsMemberOf"
    xsi:type="grouper:FilteredName"
    sourceAttributeID="memberIsMemberOfUnfiltered">
    <resolver:Dependency ref="memberIsMemberOfUnfiltered" />
    <!-- The MINUS filter matches stems which match the first child
filter and not the second. -->
    <grouper:Filter xsi:type="grouper:MINUS">
      <!-- The NameInStem filter matches names which are children of
the given stem. -->
      <grouper:Filter
        xsi:type="grouper:NameInStem"
        name="${edu.internet2.middleware.psp.baseStem}"
        scope="SUB" />
      <grouper:Filter
        xsi:type="grouper:NameInStem"
        name="etc"
        scope="SUB" />
    </grouper:Filter>
  </resolver:AttributeDefinition>

Keep in mind that the filter is of type "grouper:NameInStem" and not
"grouper:GroupInStem" as in the GroupDataConnector.

Yes, confusing.