grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP isMemberOf question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP isMemberOf question

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Tim Darby <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP isMemberOf question
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:05:11 -0500

> I need to provision a person isMemberOf attribute that selectively includes
> only the groups from the stems I've filtered in the GroupDataConnector
> resolver. How do I set that up?

I think this will work, I did not test it.

The following attribute definition returns an attribute whose values
are the string names of all the groups that the member is a member of
:

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="memberIsMemberOfUnfiltered"
xsi:type="grouper:Group"
sourceAttributeID="groups">
<resolver:Dependency ref="MemberDataConnector" />
<grouper:Attribute id="name" />
</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

Then filter those group names using the FilteredName attribute
definition and a filter similar to the GroupDataConnector :

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="memberIsMemberOf"
xsi:type="grouper:FilteredName"
sourceAttributeID="memberIsMemberOfUnfiltered">
<resolver:Dependency ref="memberIsMemberOfUnfiltered" />
<!-- The MINUS filter matches stems which match the first child
filter and not the second. -->
<grouper:Filter xsi:type="grouper:MINUS">
<!-- The NameInStem filter matches names which are children of
the given stem. -->
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:NameInStem"
name="${edu.internet2.middleware.psp.baseStem}"
scope="SUB" />
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:NameInStem"
name="etc"
scope="SUB" />
</grouper:Filter>
</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

Keep in mind that the filter is of type "grouper:NameInStem" and not
"grouper:GroupInStem" as in the GroupDataConnector.

Yes, confusing.