grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] RE: PSP performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] RE: PSP performance

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Chris Hyzer" <>, "Rahul Doshi" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] RE: PSP performance
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:10:48 -0400

I’ll second Rahul’s experience, real-time PSP is very slow for bulk provisioning (I know it should be used like that).

I don’t see an easy way to get around that problem, what I’m doing for the initial load/creation is this :

1-      Stop PSP deamon

2-      Do your provisioning job in grouper

3-      Run PSP bulksync when it’s done

4-      Then either :

a.       Manually run the changelog temp to changelog Job via GSH

b.      Restart the deamon for a couple of minutes then shut it back down (to get the changelog job done)

5-      In the table GROUPER_CHANGELOG_CONSUMER, manually modify the value in LAST_SEQUENCE_PROCESSED for changelog consumer PSP to the highest changelog entry number from the table GROUPER_CHANGE_LOG_ENTRY

6-      Restart the daemon with psp and all

a.       PSP will skip over all the changelog entries

This method is useful when you do an initial manual import, but I’m not sure how to automate it for daily loads in Grouper. You could stop the PSP (or use a fancy CRON that is Off for the night while the loader is running) and run a BulkSync, but the Real-time PSP will still have to try every changelog anyway when it’ll be back up.

I’m still trying to figure out how many entries is too much for real-time PSP and if this limit will be hit on daily loads…