grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Local entity for WS service account

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Local entity for WS service account

  • From: Mike Roszkowski <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Local entity for WS service account
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:52:15 -0500

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I should have mentioned that I did try to do
this.
I used Lite UI to assign the attribute to the local entity, but when I tried
to assign a value to the attribute, I got this:

Error: Value must start with the entity's folder name:
'control:applications:',
Exception in save:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.attr.value.AttributeAssignValue,
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hibernate.ByObject@208888e2,
Problem in
HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: false, isReadonly: false,
grouperTransactionType:
READ_WRITE_NEW, Exception in saveOrUpdate:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.attr.value.AttributeAssignValue,
ByObjectStatic, query: ', cacheable: null, cacheRegion: null, entityName:
null, tx type: null,
Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: true, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType:
READ_WRITE_NEW, Problem calling method assignAddValueSubmit on
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.serviceLogic.SimpleAttributeUpdate

So it will only let me assign a value that also has colons in it, I think.

I did find that the subject-identifier that was generated (a uuid) for the
local entity can be used to
authenticate that account, but it would be nice to give it a more
developer-friendly
name than a 32-character hex string!

--Mike