grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Admin Ui and Web Service

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Grouper Admin Ui and Web Service

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Klug, Lawrence" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Admin Ui and Web Service
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:55:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Can you explain in more detail?  You want to have GrouperWS and not use SSO?  Yes, we run Grouper WS with Kerberos service principal authentication which is one of the authentication plugins in the WS.  You can implement a Java method to do authn in the grouper-ws, or do a servlet filter, or apache authn, etc

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+WS+Authentication

If you want SSO for WS in some cases, and different authn in other cases, you might need to deploy the WS at different URLs either by having separate webapps, or maybe by manipulating the web.xml and mapping the servlets to different URLs at the same time…