grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] loader performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] loader performance

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Jon Gorrono <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] loader performance
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 05:11:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I just started a loader job for penn with 29k new members.  I made sure to have a SUBJECT_SOURCE_ID column in the loader query (this should speed things up), and use SUBJECT_ID and not SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER (also speeds things up).  It is processing 300 records per minute, which is similar to the performance you are seeing (maybe a little worse).  However, the run of a loaded 30k member group takes 2 minutes (added/removed 100 members).

Btw, this means that there is 200ms to add a member to a group (our registry has 5 million memberships), which is due to the queries required to do change to the registry, auditing, change log, rules, composites, etc.  At some point we should profile this to see if it can get faster, though it seems acceptable.