grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Delegation on group administration

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Delegation on group administration

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Delegation on group administration
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 05:31:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I think ideally you would add a rule which looks for groups not named Admin and assign the admin privilege, and another rule for groups named Admin and assign the update privilege.  Those rules would not fire on the same group so they would not conflict.

For the Admin one, you should be able to use the IF enum type: nameMatchesSqlLikeString:  %:Admin

For the non-admin one, it would be nice if there were nameNotMatchesSqlLikeString, but its not there, so you will have to use EL, something like:

${!groupName.endsWith(':Admins')}

Or if you wanted to do EL for the Admin one, it would be:

${groupName.endsWith(':Admins')}

Does it work?  J  You should test subfolders as well…  give me more info and the test cases and I can try to set it up also if it is more complicated than this…