grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Delegation on group administration

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Delegation on group administration

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Chris Hyzer" <>, <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Delegation on group administration
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:27:40 -0400

Hello again,

I’ve read these pages and did some coding, but I have another question:

-          What happens if there are more than one rule the could be applied to a group that have opposite results

My example, stem with groups :

stemA

-          Admins

-          groupA

-          groupB

I want to create a “Inherited privileges on folders” rule on stemA to give admin right on the all the groups contained in stemA, except for the group Admins which I only want update right. It would look something like this for a member of the Admins group :

stemA

-          Admins (read, update)

-          groupA (read, admin)

-          groupB (read, admin)

I thought of adding another rule based on the Group name “Admins” but I as understand, rules are unordered, so the “give only update right” rule might trigger before the “give admin right” which would overwrite the limited privileges.

Thanks