grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] pulling subjects from a Project Bamboo RESTful person service for adding members to a group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] pulling subjects from a Project Bamboo RESTful person service for adding members to a group

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Keith Hazelton <>, "" <>
  • Cc: pbIam <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] pulling subjects from a Project Bamboo RESTful person service for adding members to a group
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 03:31:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Right, looks promising

[]
on behalf of Keith Hazelton
[]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:09 PM

Cc: pbIam
Subject: [grouper-users] pulling subjects from a Project Bamboo RESTful
person service for adding members to a group

Chris (and all),

Our current thinking is to use the delivered Grouper admin UI for adding
members to a Project Bamboo group: The group admin enters a fragment of a
person's name, then clicks a checkbox by the desired name on the returned
list of subjects and clicks "Assign privileges" to add them to the group.

Seems like the next step for Project Bamboo is to figure out how to write an
extension to BaseSourceAdapter that would invoke the following RESTful Bamboo
Person Service when the group admin clicks the "Search" button in the UI
after entering the name fragment. See the example HTTP GET at the bottom.
Of course, we'd need to add stuff to sources.xml to glue this all together.

-----
/**
* Returns a Bamboo Person list.
*
* @param bpid - identifier for the Bamboo Person
* @param filter - returns list filtered by the given field name
* @param operation - operation to use when filtering. Valid values are:
* <ul>
* <li>"contains" return elements where filterValue appears somewhere in
the element's filterBy field value
* <li>"equals" return elements where filterValue exactly matches the
element's filterBy field value
* </ul>
* @param value - value to use when filtering; use "*" wildcard to return
all
* @param orderedby - specifies the property to sort by; defaults to the
resource identifier
* @param order - specifies sort order for the collection to be returned.
Valid values are:
* <ul>
* <li>"ascending"
* <li>"descending"
* </ul>
* @param index - index into a specific page for the collection to be
returned
* @param count - page size for a paged collection
* @return HTTP Response Status will be 200 OK, with the HTTP body
containing
* a Bamboo Person Profile list
* @throws DocumentHandlerException
*/

The call would be something like:
GET /bsp/persons/?filter=name&operation=contains&value=smith HTTP/1.1
-----

Advice on how to proceed?

Regards, --Keith