grouper-users - [grouper-users] identifierAttributes in sources.xml

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] identifierAttributes in sources.xml

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] identifierAttributes in sources.xml
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:28:42 -0500

Hi,

I have in the past used the JNDI source to obtain subjects
from an LDAP directory.

Now I want to configure a JDBC source to obtain subjects from
a relational database.

I am confused about the role of 'identifierAttributes'. In the
default sources.xml for 2.1.0 I see this:

<!-- comma separate the identifiers for this row, this is for
the findByIdentifiers if using an in clause -->
<init-param>
<param-name>identifierAttributes</param-name>
<param-value>LOGINID</param-value>
</init-param>

What precisely does that comment mean?

How is LOGINID used?

I cannot find LOGINID used anywhere else in that file. Is that
a typo and it should not have been capitalized?

Thanks,

Scott