grouper-users - [grouper-users] audit

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] audit

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] audit
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:44:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

we at CMU are full steam ahead trying to implement grouper. Rahul has made a
number of tweaks to the stock grouper UI to make it more usable for our
community. We do intend to share what we have done at some point in the not
to distant future. To give you an idea of what we have been doing - less is
more. Anyway, one thing has come up and I'd like your perspective. For
groups I own there is the "audit log" link. It is unclear that anyone who
owns a group should be able to view the audit log. And then I realized that
audit really should be a privilege bestowed upon the owner of a group. This
way we can control who gets to see the audit without everyone getting it.
What are your thoughts on this as an idea? Is this "doable" with the
existing grouper?

Feedback appreciated.

/mrg