grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] PSP-AD group membership structure

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] PSP-AD group membership structure

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] PSP-AD group membership structure
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:05:09 -0400

Further testing showed inconsistencies in PSP provisionning, maybe it's a bug
or I'm missing another configuration. In the psp resolver I added
":immediate" to these DataConnector and AttributeDefinition like you
previously said :

<resolver:DataConnector
id="GroupDataConnector"
xsi:type="grouper:GroupDataConnector">
[...]
<!-- The "members" attribute values are equivalent to group.getMembers().
-->
<grouper:Attribute id="members:immediate" />
<!-- The "groups" attribute values are equivalent to group.getGroups().
-->
<grouper:Attribute id="groups:immediate" />
</resolver:DataConnector>

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="membersLdap" xsi:type="grouper:Member"
sourceAttributeID="members:immediate">
<resolver:Dependency ref="GroupDataConnector" />
<!-- The values of the "id" attribute are the identifiers of subjects
whose source id is "ldap". -->
<grouper:Attribute id="id" source="ldap" />
</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

<!-- The values of the "membersGsa" attribute are the names of group
members which are grouper groups. -->
<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="membersGsa" xsi:type="grouper:Member"
sourceAttributeID="members:immediate">
<resolver:Dependency ref="GroupDataConnector" />
<!-- The values of the "name" attribute are the names of groups whose
source is "g:gsa". -->
<grouper:Attribute id="name" source="g:gsa" />
</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

In grouper, I create the groups and add members in this order :
GroupA
- Members = UserA
GroupB
- Members = UserB
GroupAB
- Members = GroupA, GroupB

The changelogPSP detects each change and provision each them. If I go in AD,
I see the 3 groups, but GroupAB has "everything" as members , i.e.
GroupAB
- Members = GroupA, GroupB, UserA, UserB

Without any change in grouper, I run : $GROUPER_HOME/api/bin/gsh.sh -psp
-bulkSync

And the group in AD is fixed, i.e GroupAB only has GroupA and GroupB as
members

From what I can gather in psp-resolver.xml, the changeLog sync and bulkSync
uses different data connectors, perhaps a modification of the
"AddMembershipChangeLogDataConnector" is required ? Or is there already a
filter for it ? I tried adding "immediate" to "membership", but now userAdd
aren't provisioned, I only see the groups in AD

<!-- Returns change log attributes representing a membership addition. -->
<resolver:DataConnector
id="AddMembershipChangeLogDataConnector"
xsi:type="psp-grouper-changelog:ChangeLogDataConnector">
<!-- The ChangeLogEntry filter matches change log entries with the given
category and action. -->
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="psp-grouper-changelog:ChangeLogEntry"
category="membership:immediate"
action="addMembership" />
</resolver:DataConnector>

Thanks