grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] gsh.sh -test TestStem failure

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] gsh.sh -test TestStem failure

  • From: Dominique Petitpierre <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] gsh.sh -test TestStem failure
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 03:13:36 +0200

Hello,

On 08/10/2012 02:09 AM, Shilen Patel wrote:

> Do the tests still fail if you use the default grouper.properties file?
> Based on the first line of the stderr output, it seems like you may have
> made changes there.

That's it! This config file had been modified while I was waiting for
the DBA to setup a new DB user.

It is now reverted to the distributed default:

cp grouper.example.properties grouper.properties

and then the test TestStem runs without failure. I just launched a
full test (gsh.sh -test -all) and I'll report the result tomorrow.

- Is it documented somewhere that one should keep the default
distributed configuration to properly use "gsh.sh -test"?

Suggestion: the test code could warn the user that a non default property
could affect the test result.

Thanks very much for your help! I would have spent quite a few more
hours on this problem!

Best regards,
Dominique
--
Mr Dominique Petitpierre, user=Dominique.Petitpierre domain=unige.ch
IT Division, University of Geneva, Switzerland