grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper to Google Groups provisioning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper to Google Groups provisioning

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper to Google Groups provisioning
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:55:14 -0500

I have been hoping someone would contribute something that would lead
to a gapps connector.

I see some options. To provision using the psp we would need an
spml-to-gapps connector. To provision using openidm we would need an
openicf-grouper connector. Or maybe the psp could support openicf
connectors. Or maybe the psp could send spml to openidm.

Openidm has an openicf-gapps connector. I started an openicf-grouper
connector using grouper-ws based on Chris' grouperClient. I have
noticed that openidm's logic for provisioning groups seems to be
located mainly in the openicf connectors, which may be constraining.
Openidm does have full/bulk/batch "reconciliation" as well as
incremental "LiveSync".

Openidm/openicf does have a .net Active Directory connector which may
be useful when provisioning the Microsoft cloud offering
(live@edu
or
whatever the name is now).

Writing a gapps connector for the psp would be straightforward, I
started one, but I think folks would want to learn from the throttling
and tuning experiences that Brown and Washington and maybe others have
had.

Where openidm has chosen openicf, the psp has chosen spmlv2. Both
openicf and spml abstract crud and search operations, so integration
is possible. The openicf connectors I have seen are configured via
json, which if used in the psp, would make the proliferation of
configuration files and languages worse.

TomZ

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Steven Carmody