grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG - isMemberOf attribute

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG - isMemberOf attribute

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "Klug, Lawrence" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG - isMemberOf attribute
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:55:27 -0500

Yes, provisioning isMemberOf is part of a bulk sync.

By default, most of the psp-example-grouper-to-* projects provision
the isMemberOf attribute for group members via bulk sync as well as
via the change log. The Active Directory and OpenLDAP-memberof-overlay
examples do not, because those DSAs handle referential integrity for
us.

The configuration is, well, improvable. 2.1.0 was the initial release,
2.1.1 has performance improvements, and I am open to suggestions.

There are 4 objects in the psp configuration, psp.xml, to provision
isMemberOf.

The first is for members provisioned via [bulk]sync :

<!-- Provision memberOf attributes for members which are ldap persons. -->
<psp id="member">
<attribute name="isMemberOf" ... />

the second is for groups provisioned via [bulk]sync :

<!-- Provision a grouper group as an ldap group. -->
<pso id="group" >
<attribute name="isMemberOf" ... />

the third is for members added to a group, provisioned via the grouper
change log :

<!-- Provision a member's membership triggered by the grouper change log.
-->
<psp id="memberMembership">
<attribute name="isMemberOf" ... />

and the fourth is for groups added to a group as a member, provisioned
via the grouper change log :

<!-- Provision a group's membership triggered by the grouper change log. -->
<psp id="groupMembership">
<attribute name="isMemberOf" .../>

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Klug, Lawrence