grouper-users - [grouper-users] Incremental memberships update in Loader jobs

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Incremental memberships update in Loader jobs

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Incremental memberships update in Loader jobs
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:40:57 -0400

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to have « incremental » (add only?) membership updates in the Loader Jobs (LDAP and SQL both behave the same). Right now, using the UI, if I add a member to a Grouper Group that is managed by a loader it will be removed the next time it runs.

Here is my current use case :

1.       GroupABC is in Grouper and managed by a loader process

2.       Loader adds UserA and UserB as member of GroupABC
{{ GroupABC contains: UserA, UserB }}

3.       Using Grouper UI, I add UserC to GroupABC
{{ GroupABC contains : UserA, UserB, UserC }}

4.       Loader process runs, removes UserC
{{ GroupABC contains : UserA, UserB }}

5.       I add UserD in source (e.g. Active directory or SQL database)

6.       Loader process runs, adds UserD
{{ GroupABC contains : UserA, UserB
, UserD }}

Is there a way for us to have UserA-B-C-D in GroupABC  using the loader processes ? Is there a flag saying “only add new/missing members and ignore the other additionnal Grouper member” , i.e., don’t do step #4 ( keep/ignore UserC) and still add UserD in #5 ?

This can mostly be done if were dealing with an LDAP source since real-time provisioning will likely send UserC in the source before the LDAP Loader runs. When it will run, the loader will have UserC in its result set so it will leave it in the Group.

Thanks

Sébastien Gagné,     | Analyste en informatique

514-343-6111 x33844  | Université de Montréal,