grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Group name restriction

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Group name restriction

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Jonathan Tellier <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Group name restriction
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:19:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

In the grouper.properties you can put a regex on group names or extensions
(note, increment the 0 if there are multiple):

group.attribute.validator.attributeName.0=extension
group.attribute.validator.regex.0=^[a-zA-Z0-9]+$
group.attribute.validator.vetoMessage.0=Group ID '$attributeValue$' is
invalid since it must contain only alpha-numerics

If this does not do what you want (I think it does, but you will see when you
try it), then you can write a Grouper java hook (configured in
grouper.properties) to run your logic.

On Behalf Of Jonathan Tellier