grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Folder visibility

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Folder visibility

  • From: "Klug, Lawrence" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Folder visibility
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:17:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Here are a couple of use cases we are thinking about.

Is it possible to set up Grouper UI so that on login, the user lands on folder down the hierarchy?

First use case:

1.      We assign a folder “Math Lab” to the Math Department and grant folder/group create permissions for the “Math Lab” folder to the Math Department Admin. “Joe.”

2.      When Joe logs in to Grouper – he lands on the “Math Lab”  folder and begins creating folders and groups.

3.      Joe can’t see any of the folders/groups above the “Math Lab” folder.

Is it possible to control folder visibility?

Second Use case:

4.      Orgs hierarchy has been imported via Grouper loader group into a parallel  “UCLA:Orgs” stem

5.      Joe doesn’t want to re-create the whole math department group so he asks for access to the Org stem

6.      We assign view/read rights for the Math dept org to Joe

7.      Joe is able to view the Math dept org and add memberships to his groups created in “Math Lab” folder

8.      Joe can’t see other folders in the org hierarchy that are outside the Math department.